Monday, August 30, 2010

T-1 News August 16-20, 2010

Dear Parents,
T-1 had an AWESOME first week of school! We reviewed our letter sounds and jumped right in to our new Math series, Math Expressions. We also starting talking about Friendship and our Character Trait for the month of August, Enthusiasm. We talked about how good students are always enthusiastic about learning because you never know what you might find out. The boys also are learning about our Math tub centers (games and activities to do when their math work is complete) and our afternoon Centers (activities to reinforce what we are learning everyday).
I am very excited to look through all of the summer book journals this weekend. I hope to have them all graded and returned to you by Monday afternoon when I send home signed papers. Signed papers with go home every Monday. I encourage you to go through the weekly papers with your child and discuss anything that might to need to be reviewed. You only have to return the cover sheet, that I will staple on top of the packet, to school on Tuesday.
There are a few "housekeeping" notes from the office that I want you remind you about:
  • DO NOT forget to turn in your signature page found in the back of the OUS Student Handbook.
  • Swim team registration forms are due Morning morning.
  • Lunch Bunch forms will also go home Monday and are due back by Thursday morning.
  • Bible class will start on Wednesday morning. If your child is attending, make sure he is dropped off downstairs, at the gym, on that day.

Next week, we will continue our unit on "Friendship". In Language Arts, our weekly skills will be sentences and the -am family. Our Word Wall words for the week are is, big, what, here, house. We will also continue talking about our character trait, Enthusiasm. In Math we will work on patterns, coin values & numbers 6-10, & 2- and 3-dimensional shapes. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me or send me a note at any time. If there is an emergency or transportation change please call Stephanie at the front office, 234-2200. I hope you all have a super weekend! Try to stay cool in all this crazy heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment